Canada Visitor Visa for Tourism and Visits

Every year, Canada welcomes thousands of foreign nationals who have come to Canada for tourism, trade and cultural interaction. Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents also come to visit their family members in Canada.

Persons travelling on Nigerian passports will require visas before entering Canada. If you plan to visit, you must demonstrate that you have a legitimate purpose in Canada and that you have enough money for your stay. You may provide a letter of invitation to support your visa application. This letter should show information about you and the person extending the invitation to you.

Generally, visitors are admitted to Canada for up to six months in the first instance. If you wish to remain beyond this time, you may apply to extend your stay. If you have a parents or grandparent super visa, you may remain in Canada for up to two years at a time.

For more information and advice, please book a personal consultation with us.

Foreign nationals are allowed into Canada by privilege and not by right. The Temporary Resident Visa program enables eligible applicants to be issued with visitor visas.

Frequently Asked Questions

What Types of Visas are Available?
A single entry visa which generally allows entry to Canada only once and which may be issued up to six months before your expected date of travel.
A multiple entry visa which allows entry to Canada from any country multiple times during the validity of the visa. A multiple entry visa may be issued with a maximum validity date of up to five years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.
Who May Apply?
To visit Canada, you must have a valid travel document, such as a passport, be in good health, convince an immigration officer that you have significant ties with your country of residence such as a job, home, financial assets or family convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and have enough money for your entire stay in Canada and return trip home. You may also need a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada and may be required to take a medical examination.
How Do I Apply?
You can submit an online application or a paper application. With an online application, you will be required to scan and upload the application forms and supporting documents. You will also need to effect payment by credit card. With a paper application, you will need to submit your application package according to the established guidelines. Whether your application is online or paper, you will need to go to a Visa Application Centre if you are required to give your biometrics.
What Supporting Documents Are Required?
The documents that are required to support your application will depend on the nature of the application. All supporting documents must be submitted at the time of filing the application. A checklist of supporting documentation is made available to clients of the firm.
If I get sick or have an accident while visiting Canada, will the Government of Canada pay for my medical treatment?
Canada does not pay for hospital or medical services for visitors. You should get health insurance to cover any medical costs before you come to Canada.
Where Do I Apply?
If you are ordinarily resident and present in Nigeria you should apply through the Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria. You may also be able to apply through the Canadian mission responsible for the country you are visiting.
How long will it take to process my visa application?
The timelines for processing an application can be found on the website of the Canadian mission processing the application. In Nigeria, this is the Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos. Processing times are historical and are updated periodically. Posted timelines are not absolute and change depending on many variables.
How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
Anyone who requires a visa to visit Canada must initially apply from outside the country. Your friend or family member must apply to the Canadian visa office responsible for his or her country. You may provide your family member or friend a letter of invitation in support of their application. This letter must include specific information required by Citizenship & Immigration Canada. It should also explain how you will help the person. A visa officer will review the application and decide whether to issue a visa.
What fees are paid to the Canadian Deputy High Commission?

Application and biometric fees are payable to the Canadian Deputy High Commission. Every family member must pay an application fee. Biometric fees are not applicable to all members of the family. These fees change from time to time. Current fees are as follows:
Naira 11,800.00 for single entry visa applications.
Naira 23,400.00 for multiple entry visa applications.
Naira 62,400.00 maximum processing fee per family when all family members apply at the same time.
Current biometric fees are as follows:

Naira 13,200 for single applicants aged 14 and above.
Naira 26,400 maximum fee per family when all family members apply at the same time.

What is the fee payment mode?
Fees for online applications can be paid by credit card. Fees for paper applications must be paid by Naira bank draft addressed to the “Canadian Deputy High Commission” and issued by any one of the approved banks.
Can I apply for a visa to enter Canada for the purpose of giving birth?
Yes you can. Questions to be examined by the visa officer include availability of funds, whether you will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay etc. Your intention to give birth in Canada may be material in the assessment of your application. If you intentionally conceal your intention to give birth in Canada, this may amount to misrepresentation and may lead to a future ban on your admission to Canada.
Is it necessary for me to tell the truth in completing my application form?
Yes. In applying for a visa, you must answer all questions truthfully. Under Canadian law, withholding or misrepresenting information that is material to an application may result in the refusal of your application, and may render you inadmissible for entry into Canada for two years after that refusal.
Am I entitled to an interview by a visa officer?
A visa officer can take a decision based on documentation provide. You are not entitled to be interviewed. It is therefore important that your application clearly demonstrates your eligibility for the visa sought.
Does receipt of a visa guarantee my entry into Canada?
No, receipt of a visa does not guarantee your entry into Canada. At the port-of-entry, you must be able to satisfy the immigration officer that you meet the conditions of entry and that you are admissible to Canada.
Do I require a police clearance certificate
If you are aged 18 years and above, you will be asked to provide a police certificate.
How can MCS help me?
We process visas for individuals, families and groups travelling for events in Canada. We guide you by informing you about the general policies & rules & how to go about applying for a visa. We also arrange hotel accommodation, airport transfer, recreational tours and more.
What professional fees does your firm charge?
Our professional fees change from time to time. Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
What additional expenses can I expect to incur?
In addition to our professional fees, each visa applicant is required to provide the bank draft to cover his/her application and biometric fee where applicable.
What if my application is refused?
You do not have a right of appeal. However, refused applicants may seek redress from the Federal Court of Canada or the Canadian Human Rights Commission. In addition, you would opt to reapply. A fresh application will require you to address the grounds of refusal and to provide additional information and documentation that would justify a different decision.

This visa is needed for travel through Canada to another country. Your flight must not stop in Canada for 48 hours or more.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a transit visa?
You can apply for a transit visa by filling out the application for a Temporary Resident Visa and selecting transit visa. You may not need a transit visa if you are travelling to or from the United States.

The Canadian government encourages business visitors and delegations to come to Canada to grow trade and commerce. Business visitors come to buy Canadian goods or services, attend meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs, to invest in Canada or to advance existing business relationships.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who May Apply?
To be considered a business visitor you must meet Canada’s basic entry requirements. You must also show that you do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market. Your main place of business and source of income must be located outside Canada and the profits from your business must accrue outside Canada. Business visitors apply for a temporary resident visa just like any visitor to Canada. You must plan to stay for less than six months and you must have documents that support your application. You will require a letter of invitation from a potential business partner in Canada and contact details for that person. The letter must include information about you and also about the person who is extending the invitation.
How Do I Apply?
You can choose to apply online or on paper. In order to apply, you have to download the application package, pay the application fees and submit the package including all the forms, supporting documents and fee as per the guidelines.
How can MCS help me?
Through our business consulting services, we help genuine Nigerian business people identify Canadian business opportunities and potential partners. We organize delegations to Canada, arrange the itinerary for business visits to trade fairs, conferences and convention and provide documentation in support of the visit. Our services include visa processing, arranging hotel accommodation, airport transfer, business2business meetings, recreational tours and more.
What professional fees does your firm charge?
Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
I have a multiple-entry visa which I used to visit a relative in Canada last year. Can I use it to travel to Canada on a business trip?
Yes you can. You should make sure that the visa is still valid and that you have documents that support your business visit to Canada.

If you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can receive a super-visa which is valid for up to 10 years and which will allow you to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of your status.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who May Apply?
You may apply if you are a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. You must provide proof of your relationship to your Canadian relative, pass an immigration medical examination and provide proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that meets the published criteria.
You must also provide a written and signed promise of financial support, from your host child or grandchild for the entire duration of time you intend to stay in Canada. Your host should meet the minimum income threshold known as the low income cut-off, or LICO. You must also meet the general standards for admission to Canada.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for your super-visa either online or on paper. The application package should include all the forms and supporting documents from you and your host as well as the application fee.
How can MCS help me?
Our services include assessing your host’s income against the low-income-cut- off requirement, arranging medical insurance coverage through our associated service provider, and processing of the visa.
What professional fees does your firm charge?
Please contact us for the most up-to-date information.
I have a current permanent residence application in place. Can I apply for a super visa instead?
Yes, you can still apply for a super visa.
I want my parents to come to Canada on a Super Visa. How do I calculate my family size? Whom should I include?
You should include yourself, your spouse, your dependants as well as any other person whom you are currently sponsoring or co-signing for. You should also include the parents or grandparents that you are seeking super visas for.

At Morgan Consultancy Services, we process visas for groups of children and adults who are visiting Canada for vacation, training, retreats, trade shows, seminars, business summits, weddings and more. We also process visas for staff of corporate organizations and customers of travel agents.

A discounted processing fee rate is applicable to groups of 10 or more persons. We also offer a specially negotiated rate for travel agents and corporate organizations.

To expedite group processing, our experienced staff members will come to your location anywhere in Nigeria to complete forms, review supporting documents and assemble applications.

Need more Information?

For more information and advice, please click here to book a personal consultation with us.